Topic: RME UFX - Totalmix won't open!

Hey all,

Just picked up a used UFX and I'm running it via USB on a 2012 Mac Pro on OS 10.10.

When the computer reboots, Totalmix attempts to open, bounces on the dock for about 2 minutes, then says it's not responding.  I'll force quit it, try again, same thing.  This is after numerous restarts, multiple driver installs and disk/permissions repairs.

Fireface settings opens fine and the unit seems to be ok (it plays back computer audio out of Quicktime etc).

Any ideas???

Re: RME UFX - Totalmix won't open!

Which driver / Firmware ? Which subrelease of OS 10.10.x ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The driver is 2.20 and I did the firmware upgrade via RME's site about an hour ago.

There are driver packages for USB and Firewire. Did you install both ?
You only mention "Fireface settings" open fine. What do you mean exactly by Fireface settings those of USB or Firewire ?

Eventually try other USB cable and all USB ports on your Apple.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I did install both, yes.  Doesn't matter which is plugged in, Totalmix won't open.

Both Fireface settings windows (USB and FW) open fine. 

I've also tried 3 ports on the Mac.

if you ever had Pro Tools installed, it's probably this known issue:

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa … o-yos.html

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

DUDE!  That's it I'm sure, I had the same issue on my laptop with another interface and completely forgot!  I just stepped out, but I'll do that when I get back in a few and see.

That was totally it!  Thanks all!

Follow these step-by-step instructions to temporarily remove the Avid CoreAudio driver in order to allow NI products to run properly under Mac OS 10.10:

1- Open the Finder and locate the following folder: Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > HAL
   2 -Move the “Avid CoreAudio.plugin” outside of this folder (e.g. to the Desktop).
   3 -Type in the admin password when prompted.
   4 -Restart your computer.

While you still can fully use Pro Tools without the Avid CoreAudio driver, it is not possible to monitor the audio output of any third-party application using your Avid audio interface. If you require this functionality again, you need to move the file back to its original location and restart your computer. In this case, the mentioned NI applications will stop working again.

> Follow these step-by-step instructions

Click on Search on top of this page...

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24198

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME