Topic: Settings Won't Open

On Mac OS X 10.12.3.  I haven't used this computer with my UFX in a long time, but my iPad just died today, so I need something to control the device tonight.

I plugged the USB in to test it, the blue light turns on the UFX, but nothing happens on the Mac.  When I went to USB settings, it just flashed open and closed, same thing happened in Fireface Settings.  When I open TotalMix, it opens, but doesn't show my UFX as a device.  I downloaded the Flash update tool as well, same thing (just flashes open and closes).

I just installed the USB driver (v 3.01) and the FireWire driver (v 3.32), cleared NVRAM, rebooted several times, tried different ports, etc. 

I don't see a location to re-download the software if I remove it, only the drivers.  Where is that hosted?  Any ideas?  I'm going to be in a real tight place if I can't get this to operate with my Mac soon.

Thanks!

Re: Settings Won't Open

I figured out that if I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the driver that TotalMix shows up again, but same problem.

I should also note that in my mac's audio output choices, I do see the UFX, but in TotalMix > File > New TotalMix Window, the device box is blank.

Did you leave the UFX in CC mode after the iPad? You'll need to switch that off...

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Did you leave the UFX in CC mode after the iPad? You'll need to switch that off...

Yes...  I would have done that.  It's been awhile since I used it with a computer at all, as I find it best to record directly to an external drive (DURec).

Changed the setting (once I remembered how to use all the dials to find that option), and back in business.  Thanks!!!