Topic: UFX+ Use USB & TB at same time

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to leave both TB and USB plugged into the UFX+ and two separate computers?

TB would be used on MacPro, and, USB would be used on PC.
Audio playback and recording would only be used on one machine at a time, but i want to be able to leave the cabling in place rather that hot swap all the time.

I need to switch between PC and Mac frequently for audio tasks.

Cheers.

Re: UFX+ Use USB & TB at same time

The UFX would only do one connection at a time, I assume whichever the connected machine recognized first.  In my case, if I had both USB and FW plugged in, the UFX would always connect to USB.  Not sure, but I would assume the UFX+ would operate in a similar fashion.

In the UFX+ you can manually select the 'interface mode'. Doing so it should work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I missed that feature.  Thanks MC.  That will come in handy, as I have two studio machines.

I just got reminded (in a different thread) that you can not change the interface mode if the unit its working on any already. So you need to either unplug the cable or shut down one of the computers. With the latter the interfacemode could stay on Auto, as it would change to the other working connection automatically.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your help all.
Looks like I will just stick to the good old manual un-plugging of devices mode.

Out of interest, where is the 'Interface Mode' option? I looked in the TotalMix preferences and settings windows as well as the 'DSP' Thunderbolt settings window and can't find anything.

Cheers,
Blake.

UFX+, key SETUP....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME