Topic: Fireface 400 / iMac issues

Fireface 400 / iMac issues
Hi,
I just tried to connect a Fireface 400 (which I use on PC perfectly) with my iMac and am trying to install the drivers on my iMac (10.11.6) and it's not working.
The red line from host is on and the interface is not recognised by iMac. The fireface is connected via firewire + thunderbolt / firewire 800 adapter plus cable converting from 800 to 400. Is connected to external power
"Fireface setting" app and "Totalmix" are installed but do not open when double click...
Also "Fireface Flash Update 171 277 2" is not possible to install because it says there is no device connected.
Do anyone have any idea why is this happening?
Thanks a lot in advance
P

Re: Fireface 400 / iMac issues

Switch on the back in wrong position (not using the external power supply)?

Check system profile that your FireWire is recognized/listed at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your help. It's doesn't recognize the soundcard / doesn't show that it is connected. Do you know why this could be?

Hi there

I did a test run with my macbook pro which still has the yosemite 10.10.5 (imac runs on el capitan) on and guess what it works.
The fireface 400 is installed and the mac recognises it. My question now, should I just use my back up and load it on my imac or is there another solution? The Imac does not contain a lot of files that wouldn't be easy to transfer so I am thinking about this solution. Please let me know if we could solve it differently.

Thanks