Topic: problem to record a guitar in Logic pro X

Hi Guys

i need a help to solve a record problem . i have a Rme Fireface UCX new purchased . i like to record my Guitar with logic pro X but  nothing happened when i play  and record  i hear the guitar so low and even hard to hear . in totalMix i have the instrument input 3 so loud and i see the signal when i play and in Main out too but in logic pro when i like to hear what i did record i hear the guitar so low and even not ( the guitar volume is completely turned to 10  ) . is that a settings problem . for more information in the TotalMix setting i did set up the Reset Mix on the ( straight playback, mix to main out ) . and in logic pro i see the signal of the guitar move when i play and record  but why the sound is so Low and even hard to hear ?

thanks Guys for the

Re: problem to record a guitar in Logic pro X

No replay ? :-)

Hi
pls can someone answers  and helps because it s important for me Today i did try again and  the guitar record it s really low level .

i did click on  instrument on Totalmix in  input 3  but it stills low level pls can someone tell me how to set up Totalmix to get enough volume to  record the guitar in logic pro X i did always use just Motu soundcards and i never had any problems to record my music .

thanks for the help .

You have to adjust the recording level here.
First click on the tool button. Than it is shown like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebun7z4hg801z … 9.png?dl=0

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X

Hi
thanks cigame for the answer . yes i know that and i did it before but the problem is always the same and what i dont understand why when i choose a guitar effect (plugin) from Logic pro X  to use it with my guitar  . my guitar doesn't  sound like this effect it sounds always neutral ? without effect . ( the guitar that i use to record is an electroacoustic Guitar ) .

thanks for the help .

Totalmix gives you a headphone mix of
- input channels coming from hw inputs and
- playback channels coming from applications

So if you want to hear your guitar with effects coming from protools then you need to route the processed guitar signal to an output. This signal you will see in TM coming as playback channel.

This playback channel you can add to your ie Phones1 submix by
- ensure you are in TM submix mode
   (Upper right)
- klick to phones1 output channel
  now you create a submix of all HW inputs and
  SW Playback channels for this particular
  Phones1 channel
- simply raise the fader of the appropriate
  SW playback channel which has your
  "wet" guitar signal

If you need more help with TotalMix
pls watch RME videos on youtube and
my primer in a blog.

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … teps-DE-E/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi ramses

thanks for the answer i would like to explain all what i like to do is that the signal of my guitar go directly to the rme fireface + to Logic pro x to record it + to Main output 1/2 where my monitoring speakers are plugged . ( that i can hear what i record i mean direct monitoring ) i have already in logic pro direct monitoring activated . pls if you have  time and patience to explain me how should i step by step set up totalmix  to get that . i m not looking to make complicated setting or routing . and i like to get enough guitar sound level by recording like i had it before with my old sound card  ( Motu 624 AVB ) .
thanks for the help .

I dont know logic.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

okay thanks but you could show me how to get that setting in Totalmix  thanks for the help .

I sent you the links.
Its easy and straightforward.

You should give yourself some time to work with my primer and to watch the Youtube videos.

After that you will see how easy it was and will be proud that you found the solution on your own.

okay thank you  very much .

Other thing is I am on travel and only have smartphone with me ...

tom_bridge wrote:

Hi
thanks cigame for the answer . yes i know that and i did it before but the problem is always the same and what i dont understand why when i choose a guitar effect (plugin) from Logic pro X  to use it with my guitar  . my guitar doesn't  sound like this effect it sounds always neutral ? without effect . ( the guitar that i use to record is an electroacoustic Guitar ) .

thanks for the help .

If you want to hear the Plugins in Logic, you have to activate "Software Monitoring" in Logic preferences.
Hit the red button on the channel strip.
Turn down the Total Mix fader on the input where your guitar is connected.
Otherwise you'll hear a mix of processed and clean sounds.
Set the buffer rate in Logic to 128 as a starting point.

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X