Topic: Axe FX via S/PDIF to FF800 - Playback, but not guitar signal?

Hi everyone,

I just got back home to my studio after being away for a few months and playing my axe through headphones and hooked up to my computer via USB.

Back at home here I have an FF800 I use, and in the past I've hooked up my Axe via S/PDIF to the 800, which then outputs to my monitors.

For some reason I'm not getting any signal from my guitar, even though the Axe is registering level when I play (on the front meters). I am however getting play back from my DAW without any problems. I just can't hear my guitar.

As for configs, I have the FF set up for 48k, and it's slaved to the Axe as the master for the clock.

It's been a while since I've been home, and I don't always remember how I've set things up. But I just for the life of me can't figure out why I'm not getting guitar signal.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a setting I'm missing? I've been through the I/O menu in the Axe a dozen or so times and I think everything looks good...

Re: Axe FX via S/PDIF to FF800 - Playback, but not guitar signal?

Does the signal show up on the top row of TotalMix meters (SPDIF IN)? If not, you may have the FF800 SPDIF set to ADAT2 rather than Coax mode.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.