Topic: No headphone signal after upgrade

I'm having a frustrating problem that only started occurring after I updated my Mac OS X to El Capitan, and subsequently the RME drivers and TotalMix for my Fireface 800. I'm not getting any signal in the headphone anymore, I do get signal in An1/2 in software playback and hardware playback (main), I hear it over the monitors through 'main' but nothing in my cans. So everything seems to have installed correctly, Logic working again, the sends to An3/4 work audibly, only the headphones are the problem. Also iTunes or YouTube doesn't play over the headphone anymore, only through Macbook speakers, despite that Totalmix is active. Never had that before.
I'm probably missing something, but what?
Thanks.

Re: No headphone signal after upgrade

>  I'm not getting any signal in the headphone anymore

Is there a reason that you should get one? Did you route the output signal in the second row to the Phones output? And is this Phones output assigned to the phones output channels in TM FX?

> Also iTunes or YouTube doesn't play over the headphone anymore, only through Macbook speakers, despite that Totalmix is active

TM FX has nothing to do with that. You need to set the FF800 as Default output device in the Sound control panel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: No headphone signal after upgrade

Thanks MC, that was really helpful! I always found the TM matrix display a bit off-putting, but that was the trick.