Topic: Bug? Routing problem in digital through mode with signal from SPDIF

Hi,

ADI-2 Pro with latest firmware v76.

Digital through mode works as expected when signals come in via AES, but not when coming from via SPDIF.

What works:
In UFX+ I send music playback to Main Out (AES out)
In ADI-2 Pro Global Level Meter I see signals
    arriving on AES IN, going out to 1/2, 3/4, AES, SPDIF

What doesnt work:
In UFX+ I still send music playback to Main Out.
Speaker B is assigned to ADAT9/10 (ADAT 2 Out).
ADAT 2 Out settings in driver settings dialog: Optical 2 Out -> ADAT2
When pressing "Speaker B" button I only see audio coming in to SPDIF IN.
But no output anymore to 1/2, 3/4, AES, SPDIF

I intend to use ADI-2 Pro as D/A converter.
Music from UFX+ via AES to ADI-2 Pro shall go to Analog 1/2 and 3/4
When hitting Speaker B
Music from UFX+ via SPDIF to ADI-2 Pro shall go to SPDIF OUT
But it stays stuck .. not like described in the manual ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Bug? Routing problem in digital through mode with signal from SPDIF

I'm not sure I fully understand this, but the UFX+ AES output and optical SPDIF are not separately, but one and the same channel in TotalMix FX. Does that explain it?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No because in ADI-2 Pros Global Level Meter, which btw is phantastic for this purpose,
I can see in the one case signal coming in via AES and when I push "Speaker B" in TM FX, then it comes in via SPDIF.

So the communication between UFX+ and ADI-2 Pro seems to be fine.

The problem is at the ADI-2 Pro in digital pass through mode:

According to the description it shall pass all incoming digital signals through to each digital (and analog output).
When Signal comes in via AES this works. I see signal on AES input and on all outputs.
But then signal comes in via SPDIF, then I see only signal on SPDIF input and NOTHING on each of the outputs (analog and digital). This is strange.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I don't see that info in the manual. You have to select the desired digital input manually. Auto Mode (switching the input) can obviously only work if one of the UFX+ outputs turns off, but that is not the case.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by ramses 2017-05-12 16:05:43)

So this means only with a RayDAT which has really 2 separated outputs for AES and SPDIF this setup would work as expected?

Then I need to correct my blog article, but then I also need to change my setup back to use D/A of UFX+.

Would be wonderful, if AES and SPDIF could be 2 separate channels on each of the UFX*.

Yes, if I understood your setup correctly then the ADI-2 Pro can't do this for you as the input signal does not change at all. Only its content, and content (audio or no audio) is not triggering the input switch.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok understood, many thanks.