Topic: ARC USB: assignment with which RME device to work if you have multiple

Hi,

I see a demand to be able to configure an ARC USB, which of the connected TM FX devices it shall control.

I have currently 3 TM FX devices connected (2xUFX+ and one RayDAT) and all devices react on the ARC USB in parallel.
This doesnt fit into the concept.

For a combination of 2 UFX II or UFX+ the issue could be solved by connecting the ARC USB to the device.
Then I would assume that perhaps the ARC USB only controls the RME device to which it is directly connected.

If I would i.e. connect
1 ARC USB to the PC to control my main UFX+
1 ARC USB to the 2nd UFX+ (dedicated for guitar rig)
then I see still the issue that the RayDAT also is being controlled in parallel to the main UFX+.

Sorry, I didnt consult the handbook yet, the problem just popped up and I need to leave now.

Would be wonderful to get an answer whether its already possible or could be made possible by RME
to configure each of the ARC USBs connected to a PC, which RME devices it shall work with.

For some customer the requirement could be that one ARC USB controls only one device.
For other customers it could be required to control 2 devices in parallel.

Maybe another customer would like to have only one ARC USB and to be able to select somehow,
which of the devices shall be controlled now.

Many thanks for some feedback on these points upfront !

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: ARC USB: assignment with which RME device to work if you have multiple

It indeed is in the manual:

The ARC USB can control several interfaces simultaneously, which happens automatically as the Key Commands dialog in TotalMix FX is specific to the currently selected audio interface. Just assign only the functions that are desired for each respective interface. After that the ARC USB keys and the encoder wheel remote the respective interface where they have been assigned to, without the need to further switch or select anything in normal operation.

A kind of switching from the remote which of the multiple interfaces it talks too can not be implemented as it breaks the concept.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ARC USB: assignment with which RME device to work if you have multiple

Hi Matthias, many thanks for answering !

Yes maybe I was bit too hasty, had no time to read and thus simply tried out.

Well I have 2 TM Windows open in parallel ... So I need to open only one window .. need to try it out.

Meanwhile I noticed an option, that in the 2nd instance I can configure to disable the PC connected ARC USB.

Looks fine, many thanks, will give another feedback once I had more time to try this all out in patience wink

Many thanks that your forsaw already such things in your concept, very nice !

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13