1 (edited by tmm 2017-04-12 11:51:26)

Topic: Looking to buy the previous model of the ARC

I'm looking to buy the previous model of the Advanced Remote Control: http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/advanced_remote.php
The new one is looking great but I would like to be able to use my UCX without the need for a computer.
Also, I'm on a budget so maybe you guys could suggest a place where I can buy this older, and hopefully therefore cheaper model?
I'm located in the Netherlands, btw.

Thank you very much.

Re: Looking to buy the previous model of the ARC

It seems until now the older RME Remote Control is a discontinued product and no more available at all and the new ARC USB Control system is furthermore nowhere available on market. (Since one year for UFX+ customers) So right now you can not buying any controller from RME!

First at all I would say it is really impressive that the manufacture RME has realized that Audio-Interface users no more need a professional analogue mixing controller station if those Audio-Interfaces have a serious Remote Control system with all needed features on board. But if I looking to this - I would say exotic connectivity from the old RME Remote Control system to interface with those inflexible 5m monster cable (like UCX) - I would say it was a hasty reaction from RME to realize this important idea. I can understand that some users need those controllers without any computer system turning on. But why this strange connectivity from RME?

Do we in this case not speaking about ordinary midi and CC controller commands? If I'm right most of the RME interfaces have an traditional midi port on board. In my opinion the only right solution for older RME interfaces is to use some USB-Midi adaptor for this scenario with using the new ARC USB controller if this peace of gear one day is available. (Maybe in next century?) Of course with computer on than a simple USB port is enough. (Or even directly with newer RME interfaces like UFX II)

But this means of course RME have to make sure that the new ARC USB controller is still able to work with such USB-Midi adaptors without any computer on. This might be the most elegant solution for older RME interfaces. Even more if it is no more possible to get the older Remote Controller. You should asking Mister Carstens for this functionality if this is feasible for the new ARC USB controller. Please remember that Mister Carstens told last year at MM 2016 that the new ARC USB controller is only compatible with the new UFX+ interface. After the Namm 2017 the game changed. (Of course with computers on) Maybe there is a chance for this functionality as well.

With best regards

Re: Looking to buy the previous model of the ARC

ARC, i am selling mine, see classifieds section on the RME forum. but together with my recently bought UFX. Note that older UFX models need a hardware modification .. F