Topic: TotalMix FX 1.42 for Windows and Mac available

Instead of updating all drivers (which becomes more and more difficult due to the cumbersome license and signature requirements on both platforms) we release the latest extended and fixed version of TotalMix FX only here in the forum. Note that the fixes are not crucial, so for most users there is no immediate need to update.

Fixes:

- Digiface USB: in the third row the over indicator did not work

- Basic and Advanced Remote: stutter/jitter behavior when changing volume fixed

New:

- The currently loaded Channel Layout is now visible because the respective button stays lit

- Extended OSC commands as described in this thread, post 6:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25205

Download:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … 42_win.zip
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … 42_mac.zip

As usual there is no installer. Simply exit TM FX and overwrite the existing file with the new one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: TotalMix FX 1.42 for Windows and Mac available

More features and reduced binary size, awesome wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the newly implemented functionality.

A question, is ScaleTypeVal kOSCScalePrintdB properly implemented for kOSCLevelChannelL and kOSCLevelChannelR?

I ask because /levelLeftVal and /levelRightVal both don't seem to be returning level information.

Thanks!

Thanks for this!  I always like updates!

Excellent thanks!

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

Runs smooth.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

lkraven wrote:

A question, is ScaleTypeVal kOSCScalePrintdB properly implemented for kOSCLevelChannelL and kOSCLevelChannelR?

I ask because /levelLeftVal and /levelRightVal both don't seem to be returning level information.

Indeed that is a copy/paste error in the doc, sorry for that. This functionality will only be added to the 2 channels on page 2 in the next version of TotalMix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

About window doesn't say that this is v1.4.2., still says 1.4.0.

A very happy RME UFX+ & ARC owner smile

Then you did not exit the running program before copying, or reinstalled the driver later on which brought 1.40 back.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by EvilDragon 2017-05-08 12:19:34)

I definitely did exit the program before copying, I checked running processes and TMFX wasn't running... Besides, if it were running, I wouldn't be able to overwrite the old EXE anyways!

Here, proof:

http://imgur.com/PWjncks.png

I did not reinstall the driver after overwriting TMFX with version 1.4.2.

EvilDragon, I had same experience. Corrected by deactivating virus protection (Avast), removing versio 1.40 (CC Cleaner) and installing TM (Run as Administrator).

Yeah, I don't use Avast...

I've tried in two PCs and both succeeded easily.
Workflow:
Exit TotalMixFX, browse to C:\Windows\System32, delete old TotalMixFX.exe from that folder, copy new one with 1.42 to the same location, double click to run.
My user account has admin privileges.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Yep, I did the same. The result is as in above image.

Hi Evildragon, do a search for the file on your windows partition. There might be a version 1.40 floating around somewhere. Hope this helps!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

16 (edited by EvilDragon 2017-05-13 09:40:28)

Yep, found two 1.4.0 exe files somewhere in DriverStore. I removed them, and then verified TMFX versions in System32, it says 1.4.2... About screen still reports 1.4.0!

Driver version is correctly reported in Device Manager, though. I think this might be just a display issue in the About screen, it possibly wasn't updated to show v1.4.2.

OK... I finally managed to fix this somehow. For some reason, when opening the Windows/System32 folder in Total Commander (rather than Explorer), even though I was perfectly able to replace the EXE file, and it reported the version correctly when checking file properties, that's not what was used in the end.

Then I went to task manager, startup, right-clicked TMFX entry and "Open file location". What would you know, file properties reports 1.4.0! So I did the swap in Explorer instead, now works. Phew.

18 (edited by knuckle47 2017-05-14 02:51:48)

I've only just clicked on the help files in Totalmix FX tonight and saw this message.
" Die Hilfe konnte nicht aufgerufen werden."

Everything else is English ... where did I go wrong and can I correct it?

BTW...I have no clue what it means

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961

Why you not open the help from within TM FX?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

20 (edited by knuckle47 2017-05-14 04:07:38)

I did, all of the headings under HELP  brought up this message

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961

I can confirm what knuckle47 says.

I can't. Go to C:\Windows\System32. File is TotalMixFX.chm. Double-click it, should open. If not right click and unblock it.
Also check (if you have access to it) C:\Windows\SySWOW64 - TotalMixFX.chm.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

23 (edited by EvilDragon 2017-05-14 17:54:04)

Yep, don't see that file there at all! Must've gotten uninstalled somehow.

I've tried reinstalling TMFX manually now but it doesn't want to do it (says install failed). Could you perhaps just upload the .chm file here so we can manually put it where it belongs? Thanks smile

24 (edited by knuckle47 2017-05-14 20:15:06)

I can access both SYSTEM 32 and SYSWOW64.  Each location shows the TotalMixFX application with icon and a COMPILED Help File.
The TotalMix FX application is 23,363kb  dated 7/19/2016  6:02am and the help file is 31kb dated 10/25/2013 at 7:39 am.  The helpfile icon is a piece of paper with a  question mark symbol in yellow

If I right click and open it...it's English

EDIT:  just got weird.... Clicked the HELP within TM FX and it came up in English.....HOWEVER,  when I click " ABOUT "

It reads" version 1.31 ....copyright RME 2009-2016

OK...I'm officially confused again smile

BY TYHE WAY.... This is a completely new formatted Samsung 960Pro M.2 ssd with a fresh Windows 10 install as well as Cubase 9.02 and all RME thunderbolt and TM FX software since last night around 10:00pm.  I do have a 3tb WD and 2tb WD caviar black hdd with RME downloads in zip folders as backup there and they are active within the system.  IF you think that means anything

25 (edited by knuckle47 2017-05-14 20:29:57)

I’m sorry for what appears to be so dragged out, but I may have solved it in the manner originally suggested by MC in a longer path than suggested. However, how it came to be installed from such an earlier version eludes me but something in this operating system no matter how fresh it is….. seems to call operations from something possibly stored in a place I surely don’t look.

So what I did was to extract the newest version to the desktop, in Windows\system 32 and simply drag the new version in place to the system 32 folder I switched on my UFX+ and double-click the icon.

It works the help file is in English and I am running version 1.42