Topic: ARC USB, cable too short

Hi,

I found out that the currently delivered 2m USB cable for the ARC USB is too short.

Could you kindly check, whether it would be possible to ship at least with 4m cables ?

Otherwise its impossible to connect UFX* to ARC USB right beside your keyboard on the desk.

And I need to do this to be able to see the volume change on the display of the UFX+.

I opened another thread where I asked whether it would be possible to implement it
even when ARC USB is connected to the PC. https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25522

In this case of course 2m  would be enough.
But currently its IMHO too short to connect it to the rear of the UFX* device.

Many thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: ARC USB, cable too short

The manual clearly explains that this is totally uncritical USB 1.1 Get yourself a cheap 3 m USB extension and you're done.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ramses 2017-05-15 06:12:36)

Hi Matthias,

thanks, this is fully understood.

What I simply mean, it would be more practically to cover the most common use cases with the packaged stuff.
You provide really an excellent cable which I like very much from diameter and other aspects.

I hope that I get a similar nice cable from one of the shops on the 1st attempt.

As I don't find an USB2 cable on Amazon easily, I assume an USB2 cable is fully backward compatible to USB1?
If you know it would be nice, otherwise I have to google for it this evening.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Of course you would NOT buy a USB 1 cable or cable extension, but USB 2 (the one that comes with the ARC USB is USB 2 as well). And I mean extension, not a fully new cable. So you still have the original (that you like) visible on your desk. The rest doesn't matter then.

It's a quite crazy idea to put a 4 m long cable into the package. I remember complains where users wanted to have 1.5 m only, so the too long cable doesn't make their desktop workspace look ugly...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Oh dear, how taste differs wink And I wanted to write already that surely nobody complains about a too long cable wink