Topic: Help! RME UFX Not Receiving Signal from Balanced Line Level Inputs

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here but have been a UFX user for the past several years and have never had any real problems. Hopefully someone can help and this is a simple fix. So, here's the deal..

My current mic chain:
Lewitt 940 (0db pad and -120hz pad) --> Tone Beast TB12 (Gain 59 & Output U or Line Level) (XLR to XLR) 
Tone Beast --> RME UFX (Input 9, 48V OFF/Intr OFF, +20 to +40 Gain) (XLR to TRS)
Total MIX (All inputs are routed properly to my knowledge)

Also, I've tested the TB12 output to my A7x's via XLR to XLR and I receive a my desired signal. I've also done the same with my KRK's via XLR to TRS. BTW all of my outputs are working fine.

I've been forced to use the front XLR/TRS combo ports on the front panel (9-12) because I can't get a signal from the Line inputs on the back. Because of this, I believe that using the front input is interfering with my gain staging as my input signal is extremely low in the UFX (even at +30 on the UFX gain knob) but almost clipping in the TB12.
I'm using Input 9 on the UFX with the 48V/Intr switches cut off and the gain anywhere between +20 to +40.
With the gain being that high there is an an ungodly amount of white noise leading me to want to resolve the problem of getting my line inputs on the back of the RME to work in hopes that my signal will improve. My room is lightly treated and for the most part the amount of outside noise is low.

Is there a way to test if my balanced inputs (Rear UFX) are broken and/or need repair?
Are the front inputs usable for a mic preamp?
And if so, what could I be doing wrong that might cause my signal to come in so low and causing the need for excessive gain?

Thanks!

Re: Help! RME UFX Not Receiving Signal from Balanced Line Level Inputs

To use the front TRS you have to activate Inst. Otherwise no signal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME