1 (edited by baermathias 2017-05-27 07:07:48)

Topic: Babyface Pro - crashes when opening more than one program

Hi guys

I actually like the Babyface Pro, but it often makes problems if I open more then one audio program.
E.g. FL Studio is opened in the background and you try opening an MP3 with the VLC player. Or Youtube ist openend in the background and you open Cubase.

Here are 2 videos of the described problem:
https://youtu.be/rNVX8TKnvKw
youtu.be/lk_EXcCb_5I

Also sometimes when the interface crashes the Panning poti knocks out to the right:
imgur.com/a/PPHmP

I actually thought that RME drivers are very good, but my old cheap Steinberg Interface could handle the same situations much better than the RME now. Somebody can help me? Am I just doing something wrong?

The driver version is 1.40
My system is Windows 10 on AMD Ryzen

Thank you!

Re: Babyface Pro - crashes when opening more than one program

The Babyface Pro did not crash at all.

You used WDM devices at a specific sample rate (let's say 44.1 kHz), then opened a Cubase project which changes the system's  (!) sample rate to 48 kHz (via ASIO). In that moment all WDM devices are removed and reloaded with that new sample rate. Explained in the manual, btw. Obviously no WDM app will ever be prepared for no longer having access to the audio hardware while doing a playback. You can easily stop YouTube before you open a different app, open Cubase, then start YoutTube again.

Open the Settings dialog while you do that to better understand the problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME