Topic: No midi activity on fireface ufx

Hello,

I´ve installed the latest drivers on win 7.
All works well, except I´m trying to use the midi ports and there´s is not midi activity on fireface. NO light at display and no activity on programs (Reason and reaper).
I can select fireface midi ports on programs but there is not information in the rme.
Any help??
Thank you!

Re: No midi activity on fireface ufx

To be on the safe side, which driver version is shown by the drivers settings dialog ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hello Ramses,

RME totalmix 1.40

DSP SW version 1.63

Dirver date 15.12.16
Version: 1.098
Hardware revision 357

Any idea?

What device is connected to MIDI input?

You can self-test the UFX by connecting a MIDI cable in loopback (UFX out to UFX in), and try sending MIDI out of the unit. If the MIDI I/O LEDs light up in this scenario then the unit should be working. Note the MIDI 1 is on the rear panel and MIDI 2 is on the front.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hello Jeff,

is a ahton umk49 keywoard controller.
I think the problem is not the rme at all, because I play a midi track and send to ufx midi out and leds on fireface show me trafic. Conect the out of midi  to midi in on the rme and leds work.
I think there´s a midi comunication problem between the fireface and the keywoard.
it never happened to me!

If the receiver on the rme works, as it does with a loopback, it is either the keyboard or the cable. The keyboard sends and the rme receives, there is no communication the other way.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Hello,

It´s strange. The keyboard works with a Midiman 2x2 usb, it sends midi information and conectec to the fireface, the fireface doesn´t receive anything.
It´s a cheap master keyboard, maybe I have to configure anything on it!!
Strange!!!!

Nothing even on the MIDI LED?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello Daniel,

Nothing on the midi led, but perfect on the Midiman 2x2.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/MIDIMAN_USB_MIDISPORT_2x2.jpg

If you switch the 2x2 to MIDI Thru mode, does the UFX then receive the MIDI signal from the 2x2? If so you could use it as 'buffer' in front of the UFX for that keyboard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The fireface only recieves midi when I play a midi track through the midiman and send to the fireface. In this caseboth, ins and outs works OK.
Or directly sending the midi track to fireface outs.