Topic: Using iPad video and BabyFace

Hi

i wonder if you can help. I'd like to be able to record audio and video to my iPad using two channels on my Babyface. At present this only accepts one channel, which is fine if I'm using a condenser mic but I'd like to record guitar and voice separately.
Is this possible?

Thanks

Brad

Re: Using iPad video and BabyFace

It depends on the app capabilities. The Babyface presents up to 10 inputs to iPad apps (2 analog + 8 ADAT).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by Bradzweb 2015-01-06 23:01:56)

Thanks Jeff, I'm using the iPad Camera app

I am astonished it takes one channel. Previously it did not use external interfaces at all. I just checked and saw that FiLMiC Pro claims to have got better support for external audio interfaces. But I don't find the word 'stereo'with FiLMiC Pro, Videon or MoviePro. I'll check that later myself.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yup, it does take one channel, channel1 or left. but it does take a bit of jiggery pokery to do it. The process is as follows:
turn on the camera app before plugging in the babyface, then plug in. It works a treat, but as I said, only one channel :-(. Obviously it works fine with audio apps such as Auria, perhaps I'm expecting too much.

I tested several apps, the above plus two more, but they all don't seem to support stereo. Maybe in iOS 10...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by shrigg 2017-06-25 15:55:43)

I'm wondering how feasible my 2017 iPad 9.7 128GB plus Babyface (blue) setup would be for recording live bands. I'm using it with the new USB 3 to Lightning Camera Connection Kit.

Can anyone confirm if iOS 10 would allow the ipad+babyface to capture all 10 channels using Auria Pro and a Behringer Ultragain Pro-8 Digital ADAT interface? Thanks!

No problem to do so.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by shrigg 2017-06-26 00:05:53)

MC wrote:

No problem to do so.

Excellent, thanks! I've been considering buying an ADA8000 or ADA8200 for this, you just made my decision easy!

Hi,

I can't get filmic pro and my babyfacepro to work on my ipad 2019, what should I do? Filmic recognizes my babyface, but when I start recording nothing happens (only when my sound card is plugged in).

Thank's a lot