Topic: UFX not recognised after Windows 10 Update

Yesterday my PC did a big update and now there are no RME icons showing on the taskbar and nothing happens when the UFX is turned on.

I tried reinstalling the driver (1.098) but it didn't help.  Tried uninstalling and got the error message 'installation failed'.

Has anyone else had problems with this Windows update?

2 (edited by fiddler2007 2017-07-04 13:51:30)

Re: UFX not recognised after Windows 10 Update

what ufx, firewire, usb, not really enough info here bro ..

My UFXii had and rarely still has problems, but only with Youtube LoL ...
What i did: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25632 

F

fiddler2007 wrote:

what ufx, firewire, usb, not really enough info here bro ..

My UFXii had and rarely still has problems, but only with Youtube LoL ...
What i did: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25632 

F

UFX on USB.  Been using it for years and since the Windows update there is nothing working.

Windows updates seem to be disabling the startup items, but it's an easy fix. Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, go to Task Manager > Startup Items tab. Find the TMFX and Fireface USB settings apps and enable them.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Windows updates seem to be disabling the startup items, but it's an easy fix. Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, go to Task Manager > Startup Items tab. Find the TMFX and Fireface USB settings apps and enable them.

Good to know, thanks also from me.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I saw a similar thing on the big update so I reinstalled the USB drivers for the UFX and then did a restart and it is all working again.

Thanks Jeff and karhide,

Everything is enabled and I tried reinstalling the USB drivers but still nothing works.  Do you know how I can manually uninstall the drivers?  Maybe then I can try re-installing.

Did you perhaps set the UFX to CC mode? You can check from the front panel:

Setup/Rev key > Options menu > Hardware Diagnosis submenu > CC Mode should be OFF

Also, there are separate drivers for FireWire and USB, are you sure you installed USB drivers?

Does the unit show up in the Device Manager?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff,

The UFX is not in CC mode and I've never used FireWire.  The UFX SW version is 1.61.

'Fireface UFX' is shown in 'Other devices' in Device Manager.  The Properties > Device Status says:

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

This operation requires an interactive window station.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I get an 'install failed' message if I try to either install OR uninstall the software.  Is there a way to manually uninstall everything?

> Is there a way to manually uninstall everything?

Handbook chapter 6.2 ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

11 (edited by RichardC 2017-07-11 19:00:02)

Thanks Ramses,

Unfortunately, the handbook does not tell you how to uninstall manually. It mentions using the Windows Control Panel which gives me an 'Installation Failed' message when I try to uninstall the software.

Any ideas how to manually uninstall the software/driver?

Does anyone know how to manually uninstall the software/driver?  Thanks.

UFX ii: You''l have to remove the divers manually, but i don't think this is your problem. After issues i installed Win10 anew from the ground up, thus not via win 7. First disabled all them spying and delaying MicroShit stuff with Win10 privacy and other similar tools. Bitdefender's firewall and ASmedia USB 2 and 3 ports were a nono, causing dropouts and more, so i used a NEC (Renessas) PCIe USB 3.0 card, and Zonealarm instead. Runs quite reliable and fast, but i still feel Firewire legacy and windows 7 worked a lot better and more reliable with an UFX (old model). F

Thanks but I just want to know how to manually uninstall the drivers.

i.e. What are the names and locations of the files that need to be deleted and what Registry entries need to be deleted.