Topic: Skype issue with Babyface -- bug?

I'm trying to get Skype working for a music lesson.  I have my instrument plugged into the instrument input and a Shure SM57 plugged into the mic input.  I've selected "Babyface" in Skype which is my only option (I can't select specific inputs and outputs).

Every time I try the Skype test call, the gain on my channels 1-2 (mic and instrument) get pushed up to 0, so it's distorting very easily.  If I turn them back down, they snap back up. 

Is there a fix for this?  Or a workaround?  I'd really like to be able to do lessons this way.

Thank you.

Re: Skype issue with Babyface -- bug?

Bump!

Re: Skype issue with Babyface -- bug?

Skype is not able to use the ASIO driver.

So you need to create WDM devices for each input/output channel, that you want to use.
You configure WDM devices in the RME driver settings dialogue.

I can't tell how exactly this works with your devices drivers, sometimes you can only enter a number of WDM devices to be created and following a certain predefined order, sometimes you have select boxes and a separate TAB where you can defined which of the created WDM devices shall act as a speaker.

Once those WDM devices have been created by the RME driver in Windows, you can see the devices also in the Windows Sound settings. If you see them there, then also the Windows applications (Skype, Teamspeak, etc) are able to see and use them.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13