Topic: Babyface won't launch on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 pro

Hello. I have purchased an RME Babyface, and downloaded the software. I manage to download and unpack and install, and get the message at the end that the product is ready for use, but then it is nowhere to be found. This happens whether the soundcard is plugged in or not. What can fix this? Best wishes, Solveig

Re: Babyface won't launch on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 pro

Did you try other USB cables ?
Did you try all other USB ports ?
Do you see the interface at least in the device manager ?

In regards to Win10 after upgrade, could it be smth like Jeff told in his post ?
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25758

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

it doesnt seem like the usb is the problem. i have tried in two computers, and the same happens. it is like my computer fails to understand that what i have installed is a driver. i see babyface listed as a sound device, but i cannot find and open the driver!

ramses wrote:

Did you try other USB cables ?
Did you try all other USB ports ?
Do you see the interface at least in the device manager ?

In regards to Win10 after upgrade, could it be smth like Jeff told in his post ?
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25758

or, might be usb-related.. i dont understand these things, but i see now a message on troubleshoot that usb compound wont work with usb 2 or usb 3 / could this be the issue? thank you so much for help, by the way! re upgrade, i dont think so, as the problem persists on both win8.1 and win10. i slo went through device manager and added babyface from there too, still no success.

Different OS on same machine or different HW ?
Which HW do you use ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Is it in CC mode? Check how to change it in the manual, I don't own one.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

ramses wrote:

Different OS on same machine or different HW ?
Which HW do you use ?

i have an HD laptop which runs on windows 8.1
i also use an HP compaq computer which runs on Windows pro 10.

last night both were able to "see" the babyface as a sound device, but still i couldnt find the driver. i viewed the device details from the control panel, and tried to install the driver from there - still no result. i have to say i am not good with computers, so this might make it hard for me to explain things. but i did have a savvier person try to help me, and he couldnt figuire out either!

vinark wrote:

Is it in CC mode? Check how to change it in the manual, I don't own one.

it wasn't, but i put it in cc mode now by holding down delect and recall buttons while babyface was booting.

by the way, i now have two little icons down on the hidden icons tab : "fireface usb settings" and "restore / minimiza all totalmix fx windows" . when i trie to use the latterone, it opens a dialogue for me to create a new window etc, but when i select my prefs it fails to create a window. when i rightclick the former, and select "settings" niothing happens. also, i still cannot find the driver by searching for it. it's like i got those icons but they lead nowhere.

also, i opened babyface from devices, and it says the driver is not installed! how can i help my pc understand what the driver is?!

Put it back into PC mode and check that you istalled the correct RME driver. You might have installed the MADIface series driver, which won't work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME