Topic: UFX II stuttering on cubase 9.020

Hi,

I just bought the UFX ii. I conected it to my PC with usb2.
its a high PC (128 ram, brand new 10 core intel, all ssd hd, nvidia gt730).
my DAW is cubase 9.020
I downloaded and installed the latest ufx ii drivers (after uninstall the ufx 1 i used to have).

Im having this wierd problem - after working for a while my DAW starts to stutter (sound is
"blinking" - like puse and play and puse and play very fast). it happens on projects which also have
a video track, audio and midi.

does someone knows what can be the problem?

its ofcourse conected with the original short rme usb cable.

please help

thank you!

Re: UFX II stuttering on cubase 9.020

There are several articles in the forum with problem descriptions like this and detailed proposal, what could be tried / done against this.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

what windows version?

fiddler2007 wrote:

what windows version?

He said. "...brand new 10..." I think this refers to Win10.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by fiddler2007 2017-07-04 18:18:35)

ramses wrote:
fiddler2007 wrote:

what windows version?

He said. "...brand new 10..." I think this refers to Win10.

Well, here's a repost of my findings as stuttersufferer with that and the UFX ii :

fiddler2007 wrote:

Re: UFX crashing windows 10 on firewire - interface startup sequence

UFX and windows 7 64 ran perfect on my ASUS x99 with a VIA 1394a OCHI compliant firewire card. When i changed to Windows 10 64bit nothing but problems, occasionally recognized, more often not. Legacy drivers wouldn't work either, and i had to use USB. I was told a Texas Instruments PCIe card with both 1394a AND b (Firewire 800) should work, but these cards usually cost around $40. I then decided to exchange my UFX for an UFX ii, which works OK with windows 10, BUT not quite well with the motherboards' ASMedia USB chips. A PCIe USB 3.0 card i had with NEC (Renessas today) chips does.

UPDATE: after quite a while i had dropouts again, and shortly after they turned into the pulsating distorted sound i had before. After removing and  reinstalling all my PCs' USB drivers for the present hardware, BOTH ASmedia Root USB hub, and ASmedia USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller drivers, it worked again. The UFX ii however still was connected to another PCIe USB 3.0 port with a NEC chip (Renesas eXtensible Host Controller USB 3.0).

UPDATE 2: Updated my ATI graphics drivers, choosing the elementary version, removed Bitdefender 2017 Total security and it's firewall. Installed 360 TS and Zonealarm free ... and my problems now seem to be over. - F

Thank you. Will try out those findings.

7 (edited by fiddler2007 2017-07-09 22:50:54)

You might want to tune Windows 10 too, WIN10privacy and 00SU10 are handy tools and quite time saving.