Topic: Baby face in Class Compliant mode and Midi

Hi
Was wondering if I could get some help with this please.
I wanted to connect an app on my iPad to Cubase on my PC via the midi-in on my UFX and I wanted to use the Babyface to translate the midi from the iPad.
The iPad app is TonalHarmony and it has a midi–out light and a switch which seems to indicate that it is sending midi-out when the Babyface and iPad are connected.
When I disconnect the Babyface and try to send midi-out from the app the light is off and the app reports "no midi device found" so I think the connection is good.
I can get audio out from the app through the Babyface but when I connect midi-out from the breakout cable of the Babyface to midi-in of the UFX I get no signal.

I have Cubasis on the iPad which also works perfectly for audio.

I know the UFX midi-in is working as I can plug in a keyboard with the same midi lead and it will work perfectly.
At this stage as I'm writing I guess I should have tried to see if my breakout cable was perhaps mislabeled and tried the the other (midi-in) connection on the Babyface or perhaps the breakout cable is faulty.
I will do some tests today but can anyone tell me if I have this set up correctly or if there is something I am missing to get this to work?
I have TotalMix on the iPad but cannot find any midi settings.
Should this "just work"?
I suspect the app may be at fault and the creators of Tonal Harmony do not respond to emails and their online help is a bit of a mess.

Many thanks

Rob

Re: Baby face in Class Compliant mode and Midi

MIDI I/O should just work, nothing to set. Maybe in TonalHarmony, I don't know that app. To check that the BF Pro is really working as expected you should play back music and listen to it via the BF Pro first. If that works then the BF is in the system and MIDI should work as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Baby face in Class Compliant mode and Midi

Thanks for the help.
I did not have any luck getting it to work today.
I also tried plugging a keyboard into the BF midi-in and seeing if I could get midi "thru" to the midi-out but didn't have any luck there either.  I will have to take the BF out of CC mode and see if the breakout cable is working as expected.
Much appreciated