1 (edited by mikko.mertanen 2017-07-19 20:34:34)

Topic: Weird behavior on UFX 2 at standalone mode

Hi!
I have pretty strange problem with my UFX 2. I have Nord Stage 2 plugged via midi to back of the UFX 2. When the UFX 2 is connected to host everything is working perfect. But when I use it without computer strange thing happens.
When I play the volume jumps up and down (like dim volume and then back), at some point all the outputs are activated and the input channel 1-2 are sent to them. Also midi release is not working properly on some keys. When I press the few lowest notes it plays those notes twice and the second time it's on full velocity and the note just keeps on playing.
Weird.
Everything is working ok when the computer is connected. And when I unplug the midi cables, everything is ok once again in standalone mode.
Edit: I tried to use the front midi ports of the UFX 2 and with that everything is ok. I'd rather use the back ports if possible...
I have installed the latest firmware and the driver.
It seems that the Nord Stage is controlling the UFX 2 somehow. Any clue what's going on?

Re: Weird behavior on UFX 2 at standalone mode

Seems like MIDI control of TotalMix is enabled:

When not connected to a computer, the Fireface UFX II can be controlled directly via MIDI. The
stand-alone MIDI control mode is activated in the unit’s menu Options, HW Options/Diagnosis,
Standalone MIDI.

Note: When not needed the stand-alone MIDI operation should not be active, as the unit will
react on MIDI notes after power-on, and will also send MIDI notes.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Weird behavior on UFX 2 at standalone mode

Thanks! I found it!
Options - HW Options/Diagnosis - Standalone MIDI. Never thought that one...