Topic: BFP Buffer Size Problem

Hello Folks,

After years of using semi-pro Audio Interfaces i finally took the plunge to update to a stable and reliable solution with good preamps and superb drivers. Therefore i chose
the Babyface Pro.

I received the device today and the Installation went fine. But now Comes the "Problem".

I'm using Live 9 and with my old Interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i4) i could go down to 64 buffer size without any Audio glitches. CPU went higher but other than that there were no issues at all. Checks with Tools like LatencyMon showed no Errors, all good.

However, whenever i go lower than 512 samples buffer size with the Babyface Pro i instantly get drop outs,glitches etc.

I'm fairly shure it's an user error as the BFP is quite complex in usage compared to the Scarlett. But unfortunately the Manual wasn't that helpful either.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Re: BFP Buffer Size Problem

Try different usb ports (all of them). Remember that focusrite 64 buffer was not really that. Could have been anything from 128 to over 500.
If all inputs and outputs are enabled in live (including the adats), that is quit a lot so maybe only enable what you need. This will reduce traffic on the usb bus. If you want more help you will need to post your computer specs. I can deduce from your use of Latencymon you are on windows but that is not much info ;-) .

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632