1 (edited by eepyikes 2017-07-20 20:59:20)

Topic: Weird dial behavior on FF400

Hi, I've noticed lately that if the physical dial on the front of my FF400 is turned too quickly, it affects some parameters in Totalmix that it's not supposed to. Currently, I have it set to adjust the Master level. The Master is ganged with the Headphone (7/8) level. If I turn the dial too quickly, the ***Pan*** level on the Headphone channel changes randomly. Is this a hardware issue or have I enabled some obscure setting that is getting tweaked?

Re: Weird dial behavior on FF400

That is normal behaviour, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Just to clarify, do you mean that it's normal behavior, if the encoder is turned too quickly, that it changes data other than what was intended? I don't think it has done it in the past. Usually I don't even turn it that fast, but I do often have to jump from , say, -12 to 0 so I'll give it a quick twist and that is when it seems to change the panning of the Headphone 7/8 channel along with the volume of the master.

The problem is the link function IMHO. Try without.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, I unlinked them and manually typed in new fader values for each, then re-linked them and it seems to be working for now, we'll see if it holds. It's been doing this for several months, sort of out of the blue.

Well, it started doing it again. Granted, it's a really old interface but it's in good shape. I guess it's just bad data being sent from the dial or maybe it's a latency issue (ie the dial is moving faster than the software can execute, so data is not synchronized properly or something?)

Yes, like that. That's why unlinking (half the data) usually helps.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME