Topic: Analog input - sample rate - DAC mode

If you use the analog input, please keep in mind that the sample rate of the analog input depends on the sample rate of the USB input.

If you have used USB with 44 kHz,  also the analog input is sampled with 44 kHz and you get a low audio quality, for example from your turntable/phono pre.

Especially in DAC mode this is very annoying, because you will not notice it if you do not watch out carefully.

I have discussed this with RME/MC but unfortunately they will not change it.

2 (edited by integra 2017-08-23 03:11:30)

Re: Analog input - sample rate - DAC mode

Check the preamp mode. But for me if i need switch ADI frequency manually in this mode is not working tiil i not shutdown my pc or disconnect usb cable.

Re: Analog input - sample rate - DAC mode

Limitations usually have a reason, and in many cases very complicated ones. Regarding Preamp mode: As long as USB is connected/active we have to use the sample rate that was last used, or better is still active on USB. If you manually change it at the device then there is no way back once you start to use USB again. Simply because the unit does not know for example when you start a recording, and Windows WDM does not set the sample rate on start of record/playback (ASIO does). You would end up with a screwed system. There are many more pitholes with the fact that the ADI-2 Pro supports two independent outputs by offering different Sources, but those outputs still have to use the same sample rate. Also it is not possible to use different sample rates betwen AD and DA section.

That is not to say that we don't try to further improve the unit and further extend its functionality. We are currently working on a new firmware fixing two annoying issues, and further improving the DAC mode. Let's see...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME