Topic: Optical in > AES out

One of last firmware was

"- The digital output's source can now be changed so that they get their signal from Mains Out 1/2. This way users of monitors with digital inputs can use all the advanced features of the ADI-2 Pro, like Volume, EQ, Bass/Treble etc. also with those speakers via the ADI's AES, SPDIF and ADAT output (SETUP / Options / Hardware/Diagnosis, Dig. Out Source - Main Out)."

But can i control volume if source not USB? What about if signal comes by Opt and i need AES output, can i control that?

Thank you.

Re: Optical in > AES out

With this option active: Yes and yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

With this option active: Yes and yes.

I did not quite understand your answer and the specifics of the implementation of this function.

Help me to understand.

I have active monitors with DSP. I need to give them a digital signal on the AES, to get the maximum sound quality, in comparison with the analog XLR connection, which I also have. I use it only for listening to music.

I can count on it by purchasing RME ADI-2 Pro? It is very difficult to find a device outputting a signal on the AES and adjusting its volume.

When Opt. connected in and output is AES, can I also adjust the volume in the standard way?(The regulator on the front panel)

Thanks you.

Yes and yes. Download the manual

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/adi2pro_e.pdf

read chapter 17.3 for the routing that you want, and 34.20 for the digital volume control.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME