Topic: Routing audio from Fireface 800 to Iphone 7

Hey everyone!

Im having trouble trying to send the audio from my fireface 800 direct into my Iphone 7 so i get nice clean signal for Periscope streaming. At the moment im coming out of the direct outs in the back and straight into my phone. Signal is all working through total mix but no audio is working in the live stream. Any ideas??

Cheers

Millsy

Re: Routing audio from Fireface 800 to Iphone 7

I believe you will need a 4-conductor TRRS connector to tap into the iPhone's mic input (using the Lightning to 1/8" adapter).  Like what you see on earbuds that have a mic built in.

If you are just using an 1/8" TRS (into the Lighting to 1/8" adapter), you are only getting the L/R headphone outputs from the iPhone.  You need to access the iPhone's input on that extra "Ring" connection (TRRS).  This input is likely looking for low-level mic signals, so you'l likely need to run the FF800 output very low to avoid over-driving the mic stage...

Some of RME's USB interfaces can actually work as a USB audio device for iOS, and would likely be a better solution.  But making what you already have work is always rewarding smile

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8