Topic: Expand Fireface 800

Hello,

I recently bought a Fireface 800 and I shall need to expand the outputs for live performance. Currently, the 8 analogue outputs are sent to FOH mixer. My thought is to buy a AD/DA converter (looking at the ADA8200) to connect to ADAT of the FF800 and route signals to the AD/DA converter to be sent to a headphone preamp for monitoring.
Would that work? I can only find documentation on how to expand inputs though ADAT but not on how to expand outputs..
Thanks,
Fab

Re: Expand Fireface 800

ADAT is adat .. no matter whether in our out. Same story.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

fabrice.dubard wrote:

Hello,

I recently bought a Fireface 800 and I shall need to expand the outputs for live performance. Currently, the 8 analogue outputs are sent to FOH mixer. My thought is to buy a AD/DA converter (looking at the ADA8200) to connect to ADAT of the FF800 and route signals to the AD/DA converter to be sent to a headphone preamp for monitoring.
Would that work? I can only find documentation on how to expand inputs though ADAT but not on how to expand outputs..
Thanks,
Fab

The ADA8200 is a good and affordable choice for this purpose!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Thanks for your replies. My only worry was regarding compatibility between the FF and the ADA8200... but I guess ADAT being a "universal" norm, that shouldn't be a problem...

5 (edited by ramses 2017-09-18 07:44:13)

ADAT is a standard, see also i.e. Wikipedia.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13