Topic: RME + Ableton Issue

Hi all,

For some reason I get this very weird problem. When I have certain Ableton projects running which are not super heavy (20/30% on the CPU meter) The totalmix behaves super sluggish: I have the UFX with arc and it doesn't respond well to the volume wheel/buttons. It also goes out of sync: the sound starts distorting as if I put a bit crusher on it.

When this happens its not only Ableton which doesn't work properly: When I play a sound in the finder the same stuff happens.

When I use Cubase (also most recent version) All is fine, even when I push it.

I can work around this to give the UFX a different buffer rate in Ableton, or restart the UFX. But its very annoying as this takes time and can kill the workflow. It seems to happen randomly.

- Drivers for Totalmix/hardware RME: driver 3.03 / hardware: v357. I will install the v359 to see if there are differences.
- Most recent Ableton (9.7.4)
- Most recent Sierra version (10.12.6)

Re: RME + Ableton Issue

Ok, just worked a day with this new hardware firmware and same stuff, just super random it the UFX get out of sync with Ableton and everything sounds digitally distorted.

3 (edited by childrenof9 2017-09-19 08:44:10)

So just another update: I have now an Ableton session which is kind of heavy: 50% cpu, the RME get sluggish and out of sync in no-time. When I switch the driver to inbuilt audio, everything works fine and won't have this issue, I can work on even when the session gets a lot heavier.

I just read Matthias message:

Re: Constant drop outs with UFX+ and a MacBook Pro USB-C
Playback under USB3 was broken on the new machines with Sierra, mentioned in this forum already. Fixed in the latest High Sierra betas.

Maybe this is the case with me as well?