Topic: RME Fireface UFX+ Inputs and Digital Connectivity

Hello my friends:

Can someone please tell me if the 4 front inputs on the Fireface UFX+ mirror the back inputs?
What I mean is, are these the same inputs on the back or are they independent inputs in addition to the input on the back?

Lastly, I have a Digital Line Mixer with a Coaxial and Optical Out, however I see that the Fireface UFX+ does not have Coaxial Input.

Can I use one of the ADAT inputs? Or should I find a Coaxial to AES/EBU.

Thank you

AF

Re: RME Fireface UFX+ Inputs and Digital Connectivity

AudioFreq the 4 on the front are independent of the ones on the back, I suggest that you look at the owners manual (downloadable) from the RME website for answering your other questions.

rAC wrote:

AudioFreq the 4 on the front are independent of the ones on the back, I suggest that you look at the owners manual (downloadable) from the RME website for answering your other questions.

Thank you.

I am looking at the manual now.

However, I am not sure how I can connect a Coaxial device.
I found something like this: Hosa CDL-313 Digital Coaxial (RCA) to Digital AES/EBU (XLR) Converter Box..

But I do not want to introduce anything between the interface and the source.

Any thoughts?

4 (edited by ramses 2017-09-23 07:21:59)

See UFX+ handbook 21.2 AES. With the UFX+ its possible to use an XLR/cinch adapter to transport a coaxial SPDIF signal.
For optical SPDIF use ADAT2 if the optical in/output of your mixer shall be SPDIF.
If its ADAT then feel free to use either ADAT1 or ADAT2.
I would use ADAT1 to have ADAT2 free for optical SPDIF, as this is only available with ADAT2.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

See UFX+ handbook 21.2 AES. With the UFX+ its possible to use an XLR/cinch adapter to transport a coaxial SPDIF signal.
For optical SPDIF use ADAT2 if the optical in/output of your mixer shall be SPDIF.
If its ADAT then feel free to use either ADAT1 or ADAT2.
I would use ADAT1 to have ADAT2 free for optical SPDIF, as this is only available with ADAT2.

My digital mixer has both Digital Coaxial and Optical Outputs. So I can simply use the ADAT 1 on the ufx+ for the optical.

Correct?

Let me reference this manual again.