Topic: DIGICheck Questions

I am doing some research before my RME card arrives and I have a question about DIGICheck. I know that it's usually not possible for OS X apps to analyze a hardware output but that is my goal.

Can I get some clarification on this statement?

In this version a display of plaback data is not possible via Core Audio, only via hardware level. Supports all cards of the HDSPe, FireWire and USB series.

Is it possible somehow to have DIGICheck show analysis of my main stereo output of the RME card?

If not, is it easy to mirror this output to another AES stereo out and loop it back to a stereo input for analysis?

Re: DIGICheck Questions

Yes, you will need to use the Loopback feature in TotalMix and set Digicheck to analyze the corresponding input channels.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Yes, you will need to use the Loopback feature in TotalMix and set Digicheck to analyze the corresponding input channels.

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out when I have the card installed and can open the mixer app.

It sounds like there is a better built-in process for this compared to how I'm manually doing it in the Lynx Mixer.

When I decided to move to RME I completely forgot about the DIGICheck tools so this is a nice bonus. Maybe I forgot because last I checked they were Windows/PC only?

Either way, I'm excited to get this up and running.

Here's another question:

I will be using the RME Mixer and DIGICheck windows on a 3rd monitor. My iMac has two external displays, both are Samsung TVs.

I wonder how well the mixer app and DIGICheck windows will remember to stay on that screen after computer restarts and whatnot.

I know with apps like SpectraFoo you can move all windows at one so that if you need to migrate your window scene to another monitor, you can keep the arrangement in tact.

Can anybody speak to how well this is managed with DIGICheck on OS X?