Topic: No Sound After Upgrading Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

Hello everyone

!!!Serious Problem!!!

The Fall Creators Update 1709 just released and my computer upgraded automatically. But there is no sound after upgrading. Technically sound disappears in the certain time like 15 seconds after system booting up. There was sound when adjusting the volume bar right after logging into the desktop. Then after few seconds, the sound just suddenly disappeared. I tried to disable all startups in task manager but it didn't work. So I wonder if it's the problem with drivers.
I don't think there are people having the same issue cuz the update is just released. Hope the RME engineers are able to test it on their end.

Re: No Sound After Upgrading Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

Fall Creators is just about to be installed here. I will report back.

Hello

I did some research. I found my babyface is not fully dead, only device "Speakers" doesn't work.
https://i.imgur.com/7ISAcLZ.jpg
Now I change the default to Analog(3+4) and connect the headphone. It's working properly. Also, all other channels work well. It seems that only the speakers' channel has broken which indicates to AN 1/2 in TotalMix

Have no idea how to fix...

Here is pic of my TotalMix FX
https://i.imgur.com/hIuMOVo.jpg

Works over here. Disconnect, reboot, connect again, reboot one more time. If you update Windows you should not have the RME interface connected (in fact most external hardware should be removed first or the update will either fail completely or partially). Windows will disable autostart of Settings dialog and TotalMix FX. After the disconnect/reboot/connect process everything will be back (Windows re-discovers the audio interface and re-installs the still existing driver). Has been the same with all Windows 10 updates so far.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Works over here. Disconnect, reboot, connect again, reboot one more time. If you update Windows you should not have the RME interface connected (in fact most external hardware should be removed first or the update will either fail completely or partially). Windows will disable autostart of Settings dialog and TotalMix FX. After the disconnect/reboot/connect process everything will be back (Windows re-discovers the audio interface and re-installs the still existing driver). Has been the same with all Windows 10 updates so far.

Hi MC thank you for your reply

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I have tried this and also tried uninstalling the driver and everything else. Here is what I got so far.
If I detached the Babyface and attached it after system fully booted, it worked and kept working well. However, if I connected it since booting up(like rebooting), the same problem persists. It just worked for few seconds. I am thinking if I need to reinstall the whole system but it is gonna be very painful...

Tried a bunch of things, still no joy....any news on this?

What exactly doesn't work? Have you also tested ASIO playback?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I figured it out, had to do a total reset:
https://ibb.co/h3jnrR