Topic: Firmware upgrade to access CC mode easily

Can we have an firmware upgrade so we can put a Babyface Pro into CC mode more easily when using iPad? It is a complete faff having to unplug cables and reboot when holding down Select and Dim.  Surely this can be remedied.

Re: Firmware upgrade to access CC mode easily

You seem to have missed that changing from computer to iPad you a) have to disconnect USB and b) have to use an external power supply. Then this part of the manual applies:

When not connected to a Windows or Mac computer, the mode can be changed any time. Therefore, with USB bus power (via LiPo battery) or when connected to an external power supply: Hold down the keys SELECT and DIM for two seconds. The level meters will show the new mode, either PC or CC. Hold them down again to change back.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You seem to have missed that changing from computer to iPad you a) have to disconnect USB and b) have to use an external power supply. Then this part of the manual applies:

When not connected to a Windows or Mac computer, the mode can be changed any time. Therefore, with USB bus power (via LiPo battery) or when connected to an external power supply: Hold down the keys SELECT and DIM for two seconds. The level meters will show the new mode, either PC or CC. Hold them down again to change back.

I understand that. But I use the interface connected to the mac with a separate power supply. If I want CC mode, I have to disconnect both power supply and the USB connection and then reboot. It’s a pain.
Why can’t holding down both select and dim buttons simply change to CC or PC mode anyway. Isn’t it possible to write firmware that will do that? It just seems a much better design.

MC wrote:

I have just checked. The interface is in CC mode with an external power supply. I can’t change it back to PC mode by holding select and dim for two seconds. It only works if I remove the power supply and try again when I power up. As I said before, this isn’t a great design. Why can’t you just toggle between CC and PC modes by effortlessly pressing some buttons?

Lucky u ... in old times we had to change EPROMS ....

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

>  I can’t change it back to PC mode by holding select and dim for two seconds

I can do exactly what the manual promises - toggling back and forth as often as I want. IMHO you do not keep both buttons pressed strongly enough exactly in the middle of the button. Sometimes the button will not work when  pressed very slightly or at the outer edge.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME