Topic: Connection Between Babyface Pro And Phonitor Mini

I just ordered my Babyface Pro yesterday and I have a question in regards to the headphone outputs.

I know that it is possible to use the headphone outs as a line out to send a signal from a channel in the DAW (Cubase in my case) to let's say the input of a synth. If I read the manual correctly there aren't any big differences or disadvantages of using these outputs levelwise or whatsoever?

So then I plan to include the SPL Phonitor Mini to my setup in the future. It has balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs. As the XLR outputs of the Babyface Pro will be connected to my monitor speakers I need to use one of the headphone outputs to connect to the Phonitor using an Y-cable to either 2 x XLR or 2 x RCA. I guess, as the Babyface Pro headphone outs are unbalanced like the RCA inputs, the connection should be made from 6,3mm headphone Out to RCA In? Is this correct, will this work with the Phonitor or would there be a better solution?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Connection Between Babyface Pro And Phonitor Mini

You got everything right so far! The ony thing to note is that both phones outputs share the same signal and volume setting. Connecting the Synth via big TRS and the Phonitor via small at the same time is possible, but not fully independent. At least you have another volume control at the Phonitor itself for the phones then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Connection Between Babyface Pro And Phonitor Mini

OK that's perfect. Thanks for the clarification.