Topic: No FX BFP

My effects stopped working last night..
Thought it was a routing issue so I did a complete reset today but the effects still aren't activating.
EQ works fine and displays DSP usage when activated but nothing at all when I activate delay or reverb.

i5 6600k - 16gb DDR4 - 2 x 850 evo (250gb)
Babyface Pro - Babyface Silver - Pro Tools

Re: No FX BFP

Please provide a screenshot that shows that you send a signal via FX Send to the Rev and Echo section, with REV/Echo switched on and sending their output signal to any hardware output via FX Return.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Having issues uploading an image here so I uploaded via my Google drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-S1Kj … p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-S1Kj … p=drivesdk

Thank you for the screenshot. It shows the reason: you have your old Babyface connected as well. If you remove that the FX will work again. Under Windows the Rev/Echo of BF and BF Pro currently only work with the first device in the system, not the second one. See  title bar: Babyface Pro (2).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'll try removing it today, is there any chance I can make windows see the bfp as the first device? I'm using the BF for my talkback and second set of monitors, I've gotten accustomed to the workflow..

Would this still be an issue if I connected an Octopre via adat? I am in the process of making a small upgrade adding an additional mic and replacing the JBLs that died from excessive volume (I think) to the Sceptre s8. I was looking to use the Octopre for additional ins and outs but would like to use Total Mix FX for tracking with super low latency. I would only use the effects with the built in BFP pre..

The OctaMic is not a USB device nor does it have drivers. Expanding the BF Pro with it is a useful application.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Apologies, I meant to quote you not report you!

MC wrote:

The OctaMic is not a USB device nor does it have drivers. Expanding the BF Pro with it is a useful application.

Thank you for your time and support Matthias, RME continues to be the best of the best!

12 (edited by legacybeats413 2017-10-31 04:15:47)

MC wrote:

Hey MC, removing the old babyface didn't do it, still no FX. Tried a total reset again just in case but nothing. Have any other suggestions?

[Edit]
It does work but the FX dsp meter isn't showing it, furthermore, when I loaded my saved workspace the meter doesn't go back to 0% when all effects including EQ are removed..

You rebooted after removal?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME