Topic: Rme Arc Usb control Volume

Hi All,

Sorry for need to ask you guys for help.

But i just recently purchased the Rme Arc Usb.
and the only reason i bought it is to control the volume for my outputs within Totalmix.

Because when i am listening to music i want to turn of my screen and control
the volume with the arc usb.

So as RME claims, it should be able to control the main Volume, but whatever i tried
with the encoder\turning knob i only can control the MIC1 left and right?!!

but i need it to control the Volume slider! i already have the latest version of usb driver and
totalmix for my rme ucx. Even with totalmix reset the knobs doesnt work as default settings.

With my own settings i programmed a group fader to control spdif and an 1/2 with one fader.

does anybody know how to be able to control the Volume slider with the ARC usb controller?
why doesnt RME use Midi Learn Pfffffff would make it all easier so much!

And is it normal that whenever i use the buttons the lights doesnt work at all?
Thanks!!!

Best Regards,

Patrick Alphenaar.

Re: Rme Arc Usb control Volume

Do the three lowest buttons have dimmed LED lights on? Your ARC USB can not communicate with TM FX, it seems. So you need to find out why: MIDI not working, system MIDI ports already blocked/occupied, other MIDI gear connected...

A MIDI learn mode wouldn't help here at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

Thanks for replying!

Well Talkback and Speaker B are "Dim Lights", Mono is "full light". All The
others are off. However when i press snap 1 to 6 it is working in Totalmix.

The rotation Knob is also reacting but controls the MIC1 left and Right. So Midi is working
somehow but not like it should. Whenever i press a button no light is turning on or off
even when hold the button for a second or longer.

Changed other usb ports aswell.

Once again thanks and hope to find a solution to get it to work.

Best and warmest regards,

Patrick Alphenaar.

> Talkback and Speaker B are "Dim Lights", Mono is "full light".

As explained in the manual Talkback, Speaker B and DIM must be lit dimmed. DIM no LED means no ARC USB communication is going on with TotalMix FX. Which version of TM FX is that?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

You were right as it is a MIDI problem. I also have an Impulse midi keyboard and when i disconnect
it, the Rme ARC Usb is working exactly as it should with all lights working. So have to find away
to be able to use both somehow. maybe connect the Impulse directly to UCX.

Thanks for your support!

Patrick Alphenaar.

Please note that the ARC USB communication to TM FX can only be interrupted or disturbed by blocking the ARC USBs MIDI ports. That would be something you need to clarify. Maybe there are settings in the keyboard, or maybe it's the editor software of the keyboard doing this.

Is that a Novation Impulse 25?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your help alot!

Yes i Got A Novation Impulse 61, with AutoMap. Still didnt find the exact problem yet,
but when i disconnect the impulse and back on and then the Arc it seems to work both.

Most be some kind of conflict for sure, however i need the Impulse and automap aswell.
it could be because both are USB devices, i might need to try to connect the impulse to midi ports
at the UCX instead. Need to buy some cables first. At the end if i just need to unplug the usb before starting to
work i am totally fine, as long it does work properly when working.

I had worse complications with my Powercore6000 at Firewire so this is just small hahahahaha.

Again Nice and thanks for your Support!

Best regards,

Patrick.