Topic: Apple USB-C & RME

Dear All!

As I go through the forum there is still a lot of debate about apple USB-C. So here is my question: What is the status of apple USB-C and rme? Does it finally work reliably or still lots of problems? What is the best way to connect a macbook pro to a UFX+ or the like? Any hubs that work?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Apple USB-C & RME

Right now Im in a world of pain with my UFX, with USB-C and OSX sierra after 5 minutes it gets out of sync and the sound distorts and cannot work like this. Has to do with the UFX because with inbuilt it works fine. I have to work everyday so It is very problematic here. Don't know of any work around. Maybe firewire I could try, but that involves buying an expensive adapter sad

> Has to do with the UFX because with inbuilt it works fine

IMHO invalid comparison, as inbuild sound doesnt use the USB infrastructure of OSX ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

4 (edited by childrenof9 2017-11-03 18:37:03)

indeed, that is also what i am reading on other places. It has to do with how Apple works now with USB.

So it probably Apple who is making our lives hard (and that of RME....)

I am quite confident that it is not a RME problem. However, I wonder what the status is after the new MBP have been around now and if there is a solution to it? My old MacBook pro works fine - just too slow... Has RME anything to say about that (except "get a PC")?
Thanks

I'd be interested to know how stable the latest Macbook Pros are with RME USB devices - anyone using these for high channel counts and/or high sample rates?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk