Topic: Babyfacepro suddenly silent

Suddenly there is no sound at all. But the green lights are still there and my headphones are still working.
Thanks.

Re: Babyfacepro suddenly silent

Can you provide some more info please? The meters (and knob control) depend on which output is selected with the "Out" button. Select "Ch 1/2" and check again.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

My settings are Analog(3+4) and the meters of the Main are still working.
I'm not certain that the problem springs from BF, I have tried the sound from the computer's first soundcard. the meters work but it is silent too.
I don't know what to do about it.
Thanks.

I have rechecked and it works with the computer's first soundcard.
The problem only occurs with Babyfacepro. The meters are green but there is no sound.
Thanks for some help.

please provide a screenshot of your totalmix window, which exactly shows what is "green" or where a signal is being displayed.

To which analog outputs are your monitors connected ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by bjul 2017-11-07 15:17:52)

I assign the Main Out to PH 3/4 and listen with headphones. I tried both headphones outputs. the big and the little.
I have tried on another computer and the problem is still there. So it is a problem with Babyface Pro.
I find it difficult to send a screenshot, how should I do?
Thanks.

7 (edited by ramses 2017-11-07 15:32:29)

The usual way is to create the screenshot with the Windows snipping tool, save it i.e. as JPG file.
This file you place i.e. on Dropbox.
With the Dropbox URL you link this here as picture.
At the end of the Dropbox links there is ".....dl=0" change it to "....dl=1" then its directly visible here in the forum.

Furthermore I simply assume that you did not configure the proper routing in TotalMix FX.
Its very simple if you know the basic concept.
In TM:
- Make sure that you are in submix mode.
- Then click on the hardware output where phones are connected to
- Then raise / lower the fader of channels under "Hardware Inputs (1st row)" "Software Playback (middle row)" or mute them as you like / need

If the music comes from a player or from your DAW, then you will see the playback in the middle row to where you configured the application to send it out .. There you need to ensure to raise the fader to 0dB (assumed you are in submix mode and has before clicked/selected the Output channel of your phones).

So your recording interfaces has so many "submixes" as it has Hardware Output channes (lower row in TM).
Simply click to an HW output and "dial in" the routing which you require, by moving faders as described or muting a channel ...

If you have several standard routings, then save these to one of the 8 Snapshots on the right hand side to be able to recall them quickly and easily.

Dont forget to save your settings (save snapshot, workspace) and you can even assign this TM view together with its settings and 8 Snapshot into one of the 30 Workspace Quick Select slots ... once you are more comfortably with it, all is "isi pisi" and very user friendly.

You should maybe watch the RME training videos and read my blog article about 1st setup and usage.

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … rnal-equi/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

8 (edited by bjul 2017-11-07 18:43:35)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkbzji0qmulr9 … o.jpg?dl=1

Thank you for the answer. First I send you a link to a snapshot.
Then I'll try to follow your advices. But I didn't touch nothing when the sound stopped. So far it worked since several years.

So I see in the middle row that your application sends output to Software Playback Channel AN 3/4.
And this seems to be routed to Main Out. To which output channel is Main Out assigned ?
Click with the mouse to the assign button, then move the mouse pointer to Main Out and look which channels in the list are in "boldface".

The BF Pro seems defective. Please contact your local dealer or distributor.

How do I know? There is no signal from the ADC (Level meter AN1/2 input). Most probably a voltage is missing that is needed for ADC and DAC, so analog I/O no longer works.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You mean because no green bar visible in the LED meter of AN 1/2 ?

No, because it says UFL. That is not possible with analog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Main Out is routed to PH 3/4.
I hope it is something fixable.
Thanks for  your answers.