Topic: Babyface Pro Converters and Preamps

I'm interested in moving from a UC to a Babyface Pro. The IO of the UC is amazing for such a small package, but the feature set of the Babyface Pro is more appealing to me.

However, are the converters and preamps in the Babyface Pro as good as those in the UC? I'm an engineering novice so apologies in advance if this is a silly question.

The interface is used for sampling. The cleanest sound possible is ideal. I can use an external preamp for color, depending on the project.

ufx ii / bfp

Re: Babyface Pro Converters and Preamps

BF Pro mic preamps are a much newer development. They have the same low noise, but higher gain range and higher level range.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias. How are the converters? In other words, other than IO, is this a downgrade of any kind? It sounds like no..

ufx ii / bfp

You can compare i.e. technical data from the handbooks.

In my blog article
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … B-MADIfac/
I have an excel/PDF
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.php … 017-01-pdf
which compares most of the devices side by side.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks for that ramses.. The blog post was really informative. I'm slowly making my way through the spreadsheet comparison. It looks like the BFP isn't lacking anything vs the UC, except I/O.

How about the UCX? I don't need Dynamics or the extra I/O.

ufx ii / bfp

1st question you should raise is .. do you might want / require i.e. Durec, autoset
-> UFX, UFX II, UFX+
Or better analog circuits, preamps
-> UFX II, UFX+

If the reduced price of UFX for approx €1600 is too much, then you dont need to take these 3 into consideration.

Then you only need to look whether you like more the compact formfactor of BBF Pro ...
Otherwise UC or UCX

UCX has a few advantages over UC. Newer/faster converter, autoset ...
I would say BBF Pro or UCX. As BBF Pro is the newer interface compared to UC.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Awesome - thanks Ramses for clearing that up.

ufx ii / bfp