Topic: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

My current configuration on my Multiface is Surround Sound. Every time I restart my PC, my multiface is reverting back to stereo.
It is quite annoying. Does anyone know what I can do to make it stick?

Thanks

2

Re: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

Activate a multichannel device  from the Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by karoloydi 2017-11-18 22:34:23)

Re: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

MC wrote:

Activate a multichannel device  from the Settings dialog.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I have managed to get surround to work. But it is reverting to stereo after restarting windows.

I tested turning off the computer and it is keeping the settings. When I restart windows it is reverting to stereo.

4

Re: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

Open the Settings dialog of the Multiface, select a Multichannel WDM device instead of a Stereo WDM device. If you can't do this your drivers must be years behind.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

MC wrote:

Open the Settings dialog of the Multiface, select a Multichannel WDM device instead of a Stereo WDM device. If you can't do this your drivers must be years behind.

Hi, I have already done this. After I restart the computer the RME settings is still Multichannel, but the Windows settings are stereo. Windows is not remembering my last choice.

Do you know is there is a settings file on windows, or a registry entry that remembers the last choice? And is that happening on RME drivers registry, or if it is on windows registry?

6

Re: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

Which Windows is that? And which driver version?

Also you need to set the Sound configuration of the 'Multiface Loudspeaker' to 5.1 for both 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz separately.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

MC wrote:

Which Windows is that? And which driver version?

Also you need to set the Sound configuration of the 'Multiface Loudspeaker' to 5.1 for both 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz separately.

Windows 10 with all latest updates. Driver 4.21
I have set sound configuration to 5.1 for all possible sample rates and bit depths separately.

8

Re: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

Me too, and it stays on that setting (5.1) no matter what I do, successfully tested by playing back a 6-channel wav file via Groove Music. Latest W10 FCU 64 bit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by karoloydi 2017-11-22 08:12:02)

Re: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

MC wrote:

Me too, and it stays on that setting (5.1) no matter what I do, successfully tested by playing back a 6-channel wav file via Groove Music. Latest W10 FCU 64 bit.

Your computer working doesn't really fix my problem MC. lol
Do you have any ideas what could cause the problem?

10

Re: Multiface Reverting to Stereo After Windows Restart

No idea.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME