Topic: A query

Hey folks

I'm starting to play around with the Babyface Prom more now and have been testing a few setups for gaming/streaming. Tonight I've setup the spdif from the pc to the interface and yep...the sound is coming through. but when I look on the front of the device, under the left/input devices, the Opt light is flahing yellow/green. Is this an issue? Anything to do with the clock settings? If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. I love this device and want to really get to grips with it.

Thanks in advance!

Re: A query

Yes, this flashing light is indicating that you have a wrong setting for clock. Set the Babyface to sync to Optical input and you should be good.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

How do I actually do that? Not sure how to access this thing.

Manual chapter 8.1 and 26.1.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by Jay A 2017-11-21 10:01:05)

Think I've got it. Have changed the Clock Source to Optical In. Hopefully that was the right thing to do. Can I ask what effect the flashing green/yellow was having previously as opposed to it now being set?

OH WOW! Just turned the pc on for a bit of gaming but the pitch is screwed up! Everyone sounds like they're on helium. I did try and change the sample rate but that doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there anything I can do to fix this?