Topic: Weird pitch effect

Hi folks

I just changed the Clock Source to Optical In on my Babyface Pro to test the sound out from the normal inputs on the side. I turned the pc on for a bit of gaming but the pitch is screwed up! If I change the clock source back to Internal when watching something like a Youtube video I can hear everyone speaking in their normal tone/pitch. But if I change the clock source back to Optical In the pitch goes up and people sound like they're on helium. I'm not too versed in using the BFP yet so if anyone knows how I might be able to get this working nicely via the Optical In with the pitch issue sorted out I would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Weird pitch effect

When you set the clock to Optical In, whatever device is connected here controls the clock of the system. It sounds like this device is set to 48k, so when you play 44.1k material on the PC, the audio is pitched up.

Either set the clock back to internal for normal use, or change the sample rate of the device connected to Optical In to 44.1k.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

The optical cable is connected directly into the back of my pc's motherboard. I'm not too sure if I could change the sample rate of that or even how to if I could.

But thankyou for the reply all the same.

Why did you make this connection? It's not necessary, you can send audio direct to Babyface Pro without using the built in sound card.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I was testing a setup for gaming streaming. Seems one particular gentleman I watch on youtube has a similar setup and he's using the optical cable for digital audio on his streams/videos.

So, in your opinion, I should just stay with the main usb connection for audio to the BFP? I'm hoping to achieve a setup where I can have seperate audio channels for main game audio, my voice, and any in game communications.