Topic: Help - Cubase and Logic can't see my RME

Hello

I've moved to USA from London. Having insane issues trying to make my studio work again

My old audio interface would not work with my Mac and Cubase so I purchased a new RME.
Now Cubase can't see that either (even opened up Logic which I used to use and that can't see it either)

I've installed the latest driver

I'm going absolutely crazy here and would be so grateful for help

Thanks
Tania

Re: Help - Cubase and Logic can't see my RME

What interface is that?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello

I have an RME Digiface USB. I've installed the drivers for my Mac High Sierra but neither Logic nor Cubase can see it.

Also - my old audio interface had midi in and out and ports for large jacks which I plugged my monitors into.
Can I still use this new audio interface for connecting midi and jacks into the digital ports?

Worried this might not suit my equipment

Thanks so much
Tania

4 (edited by ramses 2017-11-29 15:22:16)

The Digiface USB does not support MIDI and it has only a TRS plug to connect phones (asymmetric).

With the analog output for phones you could theoretically drive active near field monitors, but then you can't connect them symmetric .. and this is the "de-facto" standard to avoid electrical interferences / noise from outside.

You could workaround the missing MIDI ports by buying an USB based MIDI adapter. But then you require one USB port more on your Apple and you might have the challenge to get a good and reliably working one. IMHO it would be better, to have MIDI directly built-in into the RME recording device, then MIDI communication participates from the quality of the RME driver.

Much easier and straight forward would be IMHO, that you give the Digiface USB back and buy a RME recording interface, that has all the analog and digital I/O which you require.

How long is the purchase back ? Any chance to give it back or replace it from dealer with another RME interface ?

To be able to give you a good advice, which RME recording interface to take, it would be good if you could answer the following questions:
- For what purposes do you require this interface ?
- What devices / instruments do you need to connect to it analog / digital ?
- What is your max. budget ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks so much! I have just returned it an purchased a MOTO instead hwich has all the necessary analogue and midi ports
Hopefully my cubase/logic can see it when I plug it in!

6 (edited by ramses 2017-11-29 16:42:50)

Thats now a very surprising decision to me, as RME has more to offer compared to Motu. Good luck !

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

From what I could tell I was limited due to my budget
But thank you!