1 (edited by ramses 2017-12-01 10:54:45)

Topic: Multichannel Batch processor feature request

Short overview about my scenario: I am using my UFX+ / Durec in my guitar rig as tape deck.
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … arren-Rig/

This saves me valueable time, not having to setup a Cubase Project for doing the recordings. Its sometimes too much of a burden, having to fiddle around with DAW, when you are in a creative mood and simply want to come to play/record quickly ....

It turned out for me now that the handling of these Durec files is a little cumbersome.
Cubase can import these multichannel Durec files, but its cumbersome to convert mono tracks to stereo within DAW.

Another possibility is to drag & drop files from Windows Explorer into a Cubase Project,
which I think is the way to go, as this is very easy.

And here comes my feature request for the RME multichannel batch processor:
Currently its a little cumbersome, as I have to process my multi-channel wave files always twice
- all tracks to be exportet in mono
- then also in stereo
As the batch processor doesnt allow to select, which track is mono which are stereo.
Then I have to pick the right tracks and drag and drop to cubase.

I think the following little enhancements to the batch processor would be very nice to make the workflow faster and more user friendly:
1. ability to store a default import directory (my USB stick has always the same drive letter)
2. ability to store a default export directory (could i.e. be a standard folder on Desktop)
3. ability to store a defaut selection of mono and stereo tracks under the assumption, that most studio/recording situations where you use the UFX+/Durec as tape deck have always the same structure of mono/stereo files.

If you could spend more work it would be brilliant to be able
4. to store these selections to files (similar to TM FX snapshot)
5. to be able to assign these selections to 8 buttons to be able to quickly select between up to 8 recording szenarios quickly
5.1 the number 8 correlates to the amount of snapshots in TM FX wink

This would be then a cool workflow which I would regard as very user friendly:
- make durec recording
- fire up Multichannel Batch processor
- click one button
- drag and drop the final mono/stereo tracks to cubase

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13