Topic: Fireface UC - Turning off volume control

Hello,

I recently bought a Fireface UC to replace my Fireface 800. I'm traveling a lot and since I never use the mic inputs I wanted to have a smaller interface.
Today I noticed that, unlike the FF800, the volume of the outputs 1+2 can be controlled by the volume keys on the laptop keyboard (macOS Sierra). Is it possible to turn off that functionality?
To me that's just a useless pitfall and source of error in the complex live situations I'm using it. It is actually a reason to return the interface straight to the shop I bought i from. I know this kind of stuff from 200€ Focusrite interfaces and it's fine for home users but a total no-go in professional live environments.

best
dominik

Re: Fireface UC - Turning off volume control

Well, not to say that we constantly get critisized about this feature missing in most our interfaces...

We will add the ability to disable this feature, most probably in our next driver update.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Fireface UC - Turning off volume control

Thank you for your answer.
I apologize, on second view my post sounds a lot more harsh than intended.
I understand that there is quite a number of users which misses volume control as a feature, basically everyone one who works at home. The home studio and the professional world are hard to satisfy at the same time I imagine.
Having the option to disable this future would be a great thing. Thanks!