Topic: macOS High Sierra 10.13 Drivers for Fireface 800

Hi,

Is there an eta for macOS High Sierra 10.13 Drivers for Fireface 800?

Thanks,

Re: macOS High Sierra 10.13 Drivers for Fireface 800

What doesn't work with the current ones?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Host light never connects. Is it supported yet? If so I wan recheck my 10.13. It is working fine in 10.12.5 on same computer.

Thanks,

Did you enable the RME FireWire driver as it is necessary under 10.13 with any third party driver?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Did you enable the RME FireWire driver as it is necessary under 10.13 with any third party driver?

Hi yes it is working now. Not sure what changed but it working earlier today.

So the latest driver is certified to work in 10.13?

Thanks,

6 (edited by rafsch2s 2017-07-25 20:41:57)

MC wrote:

Could you please explain how do I enable it.
My "Fireface Settings.app" crashes immediately after I start it. Totalmix.app doesn't crash.

Totalmix.app v 1.43
Fireface Settings.app v 333

I have the forth beta of High Sierra 10.13.b4
No problems on the same machine with 10.12.6

I am having the exact same problem as rafsch2s. Same specs on my applications. High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48). Really frustrating!

Similar story with me.  Fireface UC with latest firmware not working on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48). 

I can get stereo audio out of my MacBook Pro via HDMI into a TV and then out of TV via digital optical to Fireface to play music.   

TotalMix FX on MacBook Pro won't launch although it seems to be installed.  Fireface driver appears to have installed too as it is showing up in the "Sound" output devices list...  I tried installing Fireface drivers on an administrator's account but the first time I installed, I don't think it was as an administrator.  Perhaps I need to uninstall and try again.  Is there a way to do this?

The same Fireface UC works on two Windows laptops (Windows 10 v.1709 and 7)...

Same Same! I Use a brand new Imac 27 Version OS 10.13 (17A405)
The USB LED on the fireface is blue
Fireface USB Settings detect the device
Totalmix dosnt start up. Help

Same Same! I Use a brand new Imac 27 Version OS 10.13 (17A405)
The USB LED on the fireface is blue
Fireface USB Settings detect the device
Totalmix dosnt start up. Help

This problem is caused by the new security in High Seirra that block all kernel extensions (kext) unless you allow them to run.

Run the driver installer again, reboot, open the System Preferences application (/Applications/System Preferences.app), navigate to the ‘Security & Privacy’ pane, and in the ‘General’ tab, click ‘Allow’.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

12 (edited by torkilrodvand 2017-12-04 18:17:08)

This solution does not work for me. Still having the same problem. TotalMix seems to work fine, but not Fireface Settings. The icon appears for a split second before it disappears.

13 (edited by pardonmytone 2017-12-05 13:55:53)

Fireface UC is now working (including TotalMix, RME USB and DIGIcheck apps) on my MacBook Pro with High Sierra. 

Not sure exactly what made the fix but what I did was try to uninstall and delete the RME driver files on the MacBook Pro because the first time I installed, I was not set up as an Admin.  I then went to my Admin account and re-installed the latest RME driver and cleared the trash. 

On my Windows 10 laptop, I updated the firmware of the Fireface UC although wasn't sure if this updates the Mac firmware. 

Back on my MacBook Pro, TotalMix and RME USB app didn't immediately work after re-installing the driver but somehow it came good after about a week...  When I went back to my Windows 10 laptop which previously worked with my Fireface, it stopped working!  Weird...  Anyway, I'm really happy the Fireface is up and running again on my MacBook Pro!!!