1 (edited by mundakas 2017-11-29 19:51:27)

Topic: Control volume using keyboard on Fireface UFX II

Hi,

I am able to control Babyface's Main output volume using the Macbook Pro's keyboard, but not on my brand new Fireface UFX II.
Anyone can help me figure out how to bring that handy function back to my keyboard?

Using the laptop's keyboard is quite faster and friendly considering I need to move to the place where I have the Fireface just for adjusting output's main volume. That's a pain in the ass!

If it's not possible out of the box, anyone can let me know if it is possible making an automator script or similar?
Can I connect my Babyface to the UFX II and control volume with it?

Thanks

Re: Control volume using keyboard on Fireface UFX II

The recommended solution is to get a ARC USB:

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/arc_usb.php

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Can’t I control it by MIDI or OSC through a virtual connector and assign those keys to them?

What are the correct MIDI messages for that? I’ve tried CC1 to CC12 on channel 1 without any luck.

You can control the volume of the Main Output in TotalMix FX by MIDI commands. This is described in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey mate,

I'm in the same boat as you and found a $10 solution:
Sound Control by Static Z Software provides a virtual mixer and auto-assigns the volume keys to operate the master volume within the app. Link here: https://staticz.com/soundcontrol/

It's costs $10USD, but I think it's worth it. Confirmed working on Mac OSX 10.11 with an RME Fireface UFX II Audio Interface. Make sure you reboot your system after installing. You can try it for free to verify.

John

Interesting link, thanks!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you it works like a charm!