Topic: HDSP 9632 Phones Out Help.

Hello everyone. I am new on the forum and a first time RME user. A few days ago I bought a HDSP 9632 from a friend. I installed it on a Windows 10 64bit machine. Everything works great, the sound quality and performance are excelent for what I do. But I have one small problem...
     I am running a very simple setup. Using the BO9632XLRMKH XLR Analog breakout cable, the outputs go to my studio monitors, the inputs are connected to a simple stereo preamp and my headphones are plugged directly in the headphones output.
     My question is... (and I hope I'm asking this as best I can) How do I control the heaphones volume separately from the mains volume? If my monitors are at a normal volume for me, the headphones are to quiet and if the heaphones are at a reasonable volume, the monitors blow they're speakers out.  The simplest answer I got from friends was... "Why don't you turn your monitors volume down and create a balance between the headphones volume and main out?" But I can't do this every time a singer comes in the studio and asks me for more or less volume in the headphones. I have to turn each speaker around and adjut it's volume... "Oh no...it's to loud now... Now it's to quiet... Mmm...a little louder..." Imagine how stupid I look. smile)
     Anyway, I've tried changing a few settings in the Control Room menu, nothing works... I just can't figure it out. If anyone could point me in the right direction and make the right settings in TotalMix FX, I would be so grateful.
     Thank you and Happy Holidays to everyone. smile

Re: HDSP 9632 Phones Out Help.

The 9632 has one volume control for both outputs, because its the same signal (DAC). The HDSPe AIO supports separated volume control (2 DACs).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: HDSP 9632 Phones Out Help.

So there is no solution for me. sad Well... I'll have to improvise something. Thank you for your answer. smile