Topic: Fireface UC: Sudden bitcrush effect

Hi,

I have a problem with my Fireface UC. A lot of times when I boot up my DAW the Firefaces UC starts producing a bitcrush effect after a short time. It occurs on all kind off software sources (players/Cubase/etc.). When I change the latency on the driver the bitcrush  effect disappears, but not for long. Shutting everything down for a while and trying again later solves it for a couple of good sessions. I tried to film the issue for better explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sARAsaALqrA

I ‘think’ (not sure) this problem started after installing the latest driver (V 1.099). I can’t seem to find V 1.098 to redownload.

Can you help me with:
-    A download link for V 1.098 to try if this is a driver issue?
-    A suggestion what can be the problem?

Regards,

Martijn

2 (edited by FIXXXER 2017-12-27 19:15:20)

Re: Fireface UC: Sudden bitcrush effect

This sounds like ASIO overload to me, i am having the same issues with my ADI-2 Pro.
Unfortunately i have no idea how to fix it, i am having the same issues with this for almost a year now...

It also happens in standard audio players. No ASIO involved I think. Could it be hardware?

To me it sounds like turning the sample divider on a bitcrusher FX. So that would be sample rate? Like each time it falls back to the same low sample rate.

My problems started last september. Almost sure I installed the latest driver around that time. Strange you can't download all earlier versions. Would like to revert one back.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … n_1098.zip

Will not help. Something on your system changed screwing up USB audio. Do you see errors in the Settings dialog when this happens?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No USB errors. Yesterday second try the bitcrushing was temporary and brief. Today I worked a couple of hours with no problem at all.

A driver rollback won’t work?