1 (edited by Horosh 2017-12-30 17:30:48)

Topic: ADAT Input Status not working

Hello,

I just bought a HDSPe AIO and installed it. All seems to be working but when I try to conect my ADA8000 preamp to the interface with a toslink optical cable it doesnt recognize the preamp. I tried different cables but it seems to be other thing. The ADA8000 is also new and it's working and reciving signal from xlr/jack ins. The problem is in the conexion between the AIO and the ADA8000.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or it needs to configurate something but I'm really lost with it.

This is a pic where I'm actually playing a guitar while doing it and everything is conected.
https://ibb.co/bCExBb
Thankyou.

Re: ADAT Input Status not working

Set SPDIF In to Optical.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I tried with that but still not working.

Is there any step between installing the interface (drivers and firmware) and plugin the toslink cable with the preamp, that I need to do before using them?

4 (edited by ramses 2017-12-30 22:24:16)

The cabling is completely uncritical, do whenever you want.

In the RME Driver settings dialog keep clock source set to : internal and clock rate 44.1
Then the AIO becomes the master clock.

But are you really sure that you cabled correctly ?

Behringer ADAT OUT to AIO IN and AIO OUT to Behringer ADAT IN ?

The latter you require so that the Behringer can receive the clock signal from the AIO.

On the back of the Behringer there is a DIP switch which you need to set to sync via ADAT IN.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

But are you really sure that you cabled correctly ?

Behringer ADAT OUT to AIO IN and AIO OUT to Behringer ADAT IN ?

The latter you require so that the Behringer can receive the clock signal from the AIO.

Haha! That was my mistake smile

As im new with all this kind of hardware I thought that the sincronization would be with the same cable but makes more sense now.

All solved!

Thx big_smile

;-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13